I love a good date night as much as anyone else, but NOTHING beats the hours of laughs and endless conversation with my girls! Over the years, it’s gotten harder and harder to make girls nights happen every week, but my friends and I make a point to get together as often as we can. Plus, my girlfriends love trying new things and doing activities that most guys are not interested in. And, we can have our super girly moments discussing the nuances of Sex and the City characters and geeking out over frose (frozen rose…I know right?) Basic? Maybe. Fun as hell? You bet.
So here are some of my favorite ideas for girls night in Denver to inspire you next time you’re planning a get together with your girl gang!
1. Postino/Recess: This has been our go-to as of late. Postino has such a great selection of wine and we love when we can grab a spot outside by the fireplace. This is definitely a good starting point since their apps are bomb and there are so many bruschetta selections that there’s something for everyone! Just get a couple bottles, a ton of apps, and split everything to keep it easy. (side note: we love using the Splitwise app to make splitting things like dinners and vacations super easy)
Also – Monday and Tuesday nights after 8pm is Board and Bottle night at Postino. That means you can get a bottle of wine and bruschetta for $20!
Then, head over to Recess (or you could start there then head to Postino!) which is right next door for a change of scenery and a big selection of outdoor games and hang out with like half of Denver since this place is usually packed with a big variety of the 20s/30s crowd.
2. Museum date and dancing at Herb’s: This is the perfect high/low combo for girls night in Denver. First, pick a museum and walk around browsing the art and feeling fancy. Then, get your dance on at Herb’s!
Some of my favorite museums are the MCA Denver (open until 10pm on Fridays and 5pm on Saturdays) and the Denver Art Museum (open until 8pm on Fridays and 5pm on Saturdays) Note the time because you definitely don’t want to get to Herb’s too early. It’s not fun. If you want to hit the museum early, maybe get dinner on the rooftop of Ignite in between!
I should also add that Herb’s is by no means a classy joint. In fact, my friends make fun of me for how much I love it (I even went there for my birthday one year), but it’s perfectly unpretentious and there’s always a good live band and the drinks are strong. Perfect place to dance with your girls!
3. Plant Nite: I’m actually trying this out this week! If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve been trying to be better at caring for plants. Succulents and air plants have been my most successful so far, and at Plant Nite you get to make your own planter at a bar with your friends. How perfect is that??
4. Jazz in the Park: Not just a girls night activity, but it’s definitely a fun way to spend time with your crew! In the summertime in City Park, bring a blanket and a picnic basket and listen to some live jazz while trying to class up the joint with a cheese plate setup and some wine.
5. Cider Tasting and Mile High Spirits: I can’t write a girls night post without mentioning Mile High Spirits because my girlfriends and I have spent MANY late nights dancing our asses off there. They always have a great DJ and although sometimes the crowd is very bro-ey it’s still super fun with your girlfriends!
But before you end up there, you’ll want to do something else first. One place I’ve been enjoying lately is Stem Ciders in RiNo. I’m not a huge beer drinker, so I like that you can get the brewery experience here without all the heavy beers.
I could think of about 1,000 other ways to spend your girls night, but hopefully these 5 will give you a good starting point and make you think of something you haven’t tried before! Where are your go-to spots in town? Leave me a comment and let me know!
In celebration of the recent launch of Lili Alessandra a maker of fine linens and soft furnishings on Nordstrom.com. I have partnered with a few of my favorite bloggers to give away a $500 Nordstrom gift card! Simply enter below by completing the rafflecopter. You’ll receive one entry per completion. This giveaway is open internationally and ends on 8/8. Winner will be announced here. Good luck!