Ok I know you’re probably looking at the photo above and thinking, “what on earth is happening here??” Well, that’s what I was thinking, too when Abby and I showed up for the opening of the new Alamo Drafthouse Sloan’s Lake in Denver. We were standing outside taking a photos, when we saw this stage on wheels with a couple performers rapping roll through the parking lot…oh my gosh it was hilarious – we could not stop laughing! It was the perfect representation of the fun, entertaining atmosphere at Alamo Drafthouse.
When they saw us there, they asked us to get in for a photo opp! Of course we obliged because how often do you get the chance to ride in a motorized movie set on wheels?? It was too funny.
After our ride, we got to have a tour of the new theater and sample some of the food and drinks from their menu. I have to say, I was very impressed! I had no idea a movie theater could provide such a great experience.
Here’s what makes Alamo Drafthouse different from a typical movie theater:
- Absolutely no talking or texting in the theater. They will actually kick you out for being rude. *insert praise hands emoji here*
- No ads. Instead of boring pre-movie ads, they have their own custom content that is actually fun to watch! They even had some “no texting” PSAs that cracked me up…
- A food and drink menu that’s seriously delicious. I may be the only person out there who has gone to a movie theater and thought, “ugh I wish I could get a salad.” I know, I’m odd, but I’m sure lots of people want to eat at least a real meal with their movie! They have a full menu of really yummy dishes (yes, including salads). And, each seat has a nice big table so you don’t have to hold your food in your lap. There’s also a bar at the theater so you could have a pre or post-movie drink with your group!
- Waitstaff. If you want to order anything during the movie, all you have to do is write it on the sheet of paper provided, and stand it up on your table. Alamo staff will come by and take your order so you don’t have to get up and miss the movie!
- Special events. The Denver Alamo Drafthouse puts on special movie nights where they’ll show classics like Christmas Vacation or Clueless and often times they’ll have a pairing menu that goes with the theme of the movie. How fun would that be for a birthday or something?
I’m really excited for the new Sloan’s Lake location. Has anyone else been yet? They just officially opened on the 15th, so if anyone gets a chance to go, let me know what you think! I know I’m feeling super spoiled already. Get more information about the theater here.
Thank you to Alamo Drafthouse for sponsoring this post and for throwing a super fun opening party! As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.