It seems rather fitting that today’s post features a white dress given the antiquated fashion rule of “no white after Labor Day.” Does anyone even follow that rule anymore anyway? I remember as a child my mom not letting me wear my white shoes after Labor Day, but that was kind of fun because it made it special when we got to pull them out of hiding on Easter Sunday.
As an adult, I own very few white shoes, but white jeans, skirts, dresses, etc. Yes, plenty. Fortunately, i’ve discovered many ways of incorporating my summery pieces into my fall wardrobe. Even this distinctly summer dress could easily work for fall by adding a pullover sweater, a leather jacket, maybe some booties, or a cardigan if I’m feeling especially preppy 🙂
I thought this dress was so fun with this cute tote bag from North Detail. I’m such a sucker for cutesy little details, so a compact mirror with a girl power saying and a tote bag with flair are definitely right up my alley. I often need the “get it girl” reminder, so it’s nice to have that one handy!
What exactly do I carry in that tote bag? Well, I decided to give you guys a peek into my #daytodaydetails and show you the essentials I carry with me all the time!
Let’s start from the top:
1. My HOBO wallet – I got my first one in high school and it lasted me nearly ten years. I got this one as a replacement for Christmas last year and I will probably always have one in my life. I love that it doubles as a wallet or a cute clutch.
2. Karen Walker Sunnies from Ditto – I am a total sucker for designer sunglasses. I have a drawer full of them. (#guilty) Luckily, I can now feed the addiction without breaking the bank because I can rent these for just $19 a month! I started using Endless Eyewear from Ditto, so I pay a monthly fee and can swap them out as many times as I like! I have some Illestevas coming soon that I’m going to swap these for. Anyway, it’s awesome and if you want to try it, use my code “MYBORINGCLOSET” for a free month.
3. Blotting Papers – I think I have had a pack of these in my purse since the 7th grade. They always come in handy! I buy the Target brand, and they work great for me. Very useful for getting rid of that 2pm shine I always get.
4. Glo Minerals Lip Crayons – I fell in love with the suede matte collection last winter, and this summer’s new cream glaze collection was just as amazing. I almost always have like 3 or 4 of these in my purse.
5. The Solemates Blister Blocker and High Heelers – I just wrote about these products last week, but I seriously use these two things so much so I had to share again! You never know when your shoes are going to rub you the wrong way, so it’s nice to have the blister blocker so you can stop the problem before it even starts and avoid using band aids once you’ve reached that point of no return. And the high heelers are nice to throw in your bag too, especially if you’re like me and you never know where your day is going to take you!
6. Moleskine Planner – I get one every year. The same exact kind. I am a total digital gal, but I just can’t give up my paper planner. I have tried every single scheduling/note taking app out there, and none of them stack up against my Moleskine!
7. Pinrose Scents Travel Packs – These little packets contain perfumed cloths. Perfect for travel. Fun fact: I used to have those little roller ball perfumes in my purse, but I have broken two in carry-ons and one I dropped in an elevator and it smashed to pieces. Embarrassing and annoying to lose all that perfume! These little packets are klutz-proof and smell amazing. I recommend the starter pack.
8. Pure Barre supplies – As a Pure Barre teacher, I always have to be prepared! I keep socks in my car, purse, gym bag – everywhere! I also have my foamie (the microphone cover) and at least one hair tie on my person at all times. You never know when you need to LTB! (For non barre addicts, LTB = lift, tone, burn 😉 )
9. Coola Makeup Setting Spray – This stuff is a-mazing! I love that I can reapply sunscreen without messing up my makeup. Plus, it smells really good!
10. iPhone (duh) and my Sonix case – I love the cases from Sonix! They have the cutest designs and, again, are klutz-proof.
11. Glo Therapeutics Solar Shade Sunscreen – Yeah, I love my sunscreen. This one smells good too and the small size means it’s easy to carry around and reapply as often as possible. Plus, since it’s mineral, rather than chemical based, you know it’s good for your skin and it is especially good for my sensitive skin since lots of chemical based sunscreens give me a rash.
Hope you are all having a nice Labor Day! Be sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter for a roundup of the week’s posts plus some exclusive content just for subscribers.
Photos by Noah Berg Photography
Shop the look: